Registration is now a 5 min quick 5 step process. Use the following link to start your registration:
all players need to be registered before being eligible to play in their 1st game. All Club Dues for senior players are to be paid by 01 Oct 17. Jay Jimmo is the Club Registrar, with Terri Foggitt assisting for Youth/Junior.
Here are the Club Dues/Registration fees:
• Senior Players-Full: $115.06 (registration-online)/$350 (Club Dues to Jay Jimmo)
• Senior Players-Students: $115.06 (registration-online)/$300 (Club Dues to Jay Jimmo)
• Senior Players-Half season: $115.06 (registration-online)/$200 (Club Dues to Jay Jimmo)
• Temp Visitor pass: $74.28 (registration-online)
• Junior Players: $357.18 (Registration and club dues together – online)
• Youth Players: $207.98 ((Registration and club dues together – online)
• Social Membership: $100 (registration-online)
Following Members Registration will be reimbursed by the club.
• All Coaches: $115.06 (registration-online/No Club Dues added)
• Team managers: $40.20 (registration-online/No Club Dues added)
• Medical staff/trainers: $40.20 (registration-online/No Club Dues added)
• BOD members: $0 (registration-online/No Club Dues added)
• Referees: $115.06 (registration-online/No Club Dues added)
WESTSHORE RFC KIT:
• For senior players kit is $45 for socks/shorts (with logo)/warm up shirt: a $75 value which every player will be required to have (same look and items as last year).
• For Youth /Junior players kit is $45 for socks/shorts (with logo)/2x warm up shirt: again a $75 value which every player will be required to have (same look and items as last year).
• Contact Clay Panga for clothing.
WESTSHORE RFC REGISTRAR:
Westshore/Velox RFC member Niu Savea and his lovely wife Tina have started a new company- Chahoo Threads. In Samoan culture CHAHOO is yelled at celebrations, weddings, etc.. This company is a family run business showing Tina’s Saulteaux/Cree First nations and Niu’s Samoan cultures combining into a multi cultural symbol (That Tina designed). These soft cotton T-shirts are $29.95, which would make great gifts for Canada Day coming up. With other items such as hoodies and shirts in various sizes and colours. Check out their Face Book page at https://www.facebook.com/ChahooThreads/
Westshore is extremely proud of its 13 WS RFC players making selections for both Men’s and Women’s teams for VIRU all star rep teams. With a big congratulations to the Women’s team winning the Cup for the 4th season in a row with a sound win over the Vancouver Wave rep team twice in as many weeks. The Men’s team beat the North island Tsunami last week, only to loss unfortunately to the Vancouver Tyee Team in Vancouver.
*denotes starting position
- Jordan Tait *
- Jay Jimmo
- Jason Gagnier
- Tua Vaa
- Manager John Lyall
- Brittany Sims*
- Rosie Lang*
- Shannon Fitzpatrick*
- Courtney Sims*
- Meg Howat (Team Captain)*
- Amanda Thornborough *
- Melissa Sims
- Tanya Jones
- Angela Thompson
- Coach Clay Panga
Westshore RFC has 7 Valkyries selected to Rugby Canada’s NSWT for the upcoming International Women’s Rugby Series in New Zealand in June. Canada Women are presently ranked 3rd in the world, will face off against NZ on 9 June in Wellington, England on 13th June in Christ Church, and Australia on 17th June in Rotorua.
- Amanda Thornborough
- Chelsey Minter
- Brianna Miller
- Barbara Mervin
- Latoya Blackwood
- Emily Belchos, and
- Elissa Alarie
Westshore RFC is proud to announce 2 newly crowned BC Provincial champion teams for this season. The Valkyries Women team won the premier division in a flawless season executed with no losses all the way to the claiming of the finals, with a 67-17 win over Seattle RFC. This powerhouse of a team includes 7 current NSWT members, with other NSWT alumni as well. Congratulations goes to all players for our women’s team for their dedication and efforts this season. And to the coaching staff of Head coach Clay Panga, and assistant Coaches Charlotte Haley and Shannon Houston.
The beloved term of Men’s 2.5 comes from its members playing in the Vancouver Island 2nd Div for regular season play dominating an outstanding season winning every game and capturing the VIRU championships in Apr. However, the team was entered into the provincial wide 3A division for playoffs: hence the 2.5’s. They went on to capturing the BC Provincial title with a 24-15 win over Burnaby Lake RFC in the finals. Congratulations to all the men on a job well done for your valiant efforts. And to the coaching staff of Dale “Duck” Grimston as head coach, and assistant Coaches and players Aaron Frisby and Cam Neish.
Westshore RFC is again extremely proud of the accomplishments and hard work of players from our Junior programs. Both Julian Richard Foggitt and Hunter Grant playing for Canada’s U18 in France for the European Open Championships. And Logan Martin-Feek and Quinn Ngawati for Canada U19 in England. Quote of the week by Quinn Ngawati from Wales – “It’s way better when Logan and I are on the field together. We have that VV connection!” The breath of international experience gained by our players at this level is outstanding.
After sweeping through in the last 4 games of the regular season with back to back wins, the Westshore Men’s 1st Division team have secured a 1st place finish in the Vancouver Island Rugby Union for the regular season under first season coach Jake Duran. The Valhallians swept through the semi finals with a solid win at home over 4th place Port Alberni, which led to the VIRU finals at home against 2nd place Nanaimo. Saturday, 8 Apr will see the Mens 2nd Div Velox team kickoff at 1pm vs Nanaimo: And Mens 1 Div Valhallians kickoff at 2:45 for the championship title. Come on out and support the team!!
Westshore RFC would like to congratulate long time Velox/Westshore RFC member, and current VIRU President John Lyall for being recognized by Rugby Canada for his tremendous contributions and efforts with organizing and managing the Vancouver Island aboriginal rugby team – Thunder RFC, into a successful mentoring and player development program.